Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Lee Sober Korschun Shapiro

Lee Sober Korschun Shapiro - How do I relate?
My grandmother, Lee Shapiro, possessed no doubt one of the most extraordinary mind's I've ever heard of. She was a concert pianist, an avid astrologist toward the end of her life, and an incredible artist. Her mind, while clearly directed toward the arts, was an immaculate machine of sorts. 

Throughout my life, i did not realize that my step-grandmother (Marty Korschun) was not my Dad's mother. To me, she was MiMi- held a strong distaste for my own mother and was emotionally iffy with me sometimes. 

One of the last times I went to visit my great-grandparents home in Baltimore, MD, I saw a picture of a beautiful woman with jet black hair and blue-green eyes (just like my father's and my own) staring out of photograph at me. I did not know who she was and asked my parents. "Honey, thats Lee- Daddy's real mommy" 

I was gobsmacked to say the least. I could not recall ever having met my Daddy's "real mommy" as they had referred to her as. 

And so the inquiries begin. Lee has always fascinated me and I am truly going to strive to collect as much information about her as is possible for me, a mere 17 year old. 


9 comments:

  1. Lee was a very unique person. She definitely followed her own path and I miss her. Lee was very artistically talented. As a matter of fact I have a few pieces of her art work in my home (a painting and a drawing).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! My name is Melina I'm an astrologer and I'm doing some research on Lee, ever since she started coming to me back in November 2018. I would love to see some of her paintings and know any other information you have about her. Thank you!

      Delete
    2. My email is melina123jones@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. Hi Miranda. I was looking for information about your grandmother Lee and came across your blog. Do you know anything about her experiences as a paranormal investigator?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zak Bagans haunted museum in Las Vegas has some stuff about her

      Delete
  3. You may find what you’re looking for at the Haunted Museum in Las Vegas

    ReplyDelete
  4. The museum didn't do much good when the shitty tour guide just rushes you through the exhibit. And if your native American they'll be sure to mention they own dead native skulls...

    ReplyDelete
  5. https://www.newspapers.com/clip/22229001/the-baltimore-sun/

    ReplyDelete
  6. https://www.newspapers.com/clip/22229001/the-baltimore-sun/

    ReplyDelete